STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
And it could be your own.
First reblog post that actually saves a fucking life.
This is a life-saving post.
the more you know
yeah don’t think that this can’t happen to you or someone you know if they’re young. my cousin’s wife is 33 and she had a stroke last year
I’ve had a stroke. It happens to people, and the more you know about this kind of stuff, the better.Because it could be important to know.
My mom is a 911 dispatcher, you wouldn’t believe how many teenagers have strokes. Everyone can have them. it isn’t an old person issue.
really hate all those REBLOG THIS TO SAVE A LIFE BLAH BLAH YOU’RE A TERRIBLE PERSON IF YOU DON’T things but this one isn’t really like that and it’s aaaacttuuaaallly significant and helpful, so yay.
Reblogging because I take this shit seriously.
Because Knowledge is Power! Power to save lives!
- haioosh1 likes this
- yiffersunited reblogged this from ask-perc-nondir
- hyperhana reblogged this from the-human-cyberman
- hyperhana likes this
- violent-waffles reblogged this from jali-jali
- violent-waffles likes this
- cinder229 reblogged this from octaibo
- jcdarkstar reblogged this from sex-for-homework
- jcdarkstar likes this
- sex-for-homework reblogged this from an-ordinary-fool
- projecterios reblogged this from amesadoodle
- holmesianhatter reblogged this from pencilcozy
- asmaalsahli likes this
- lmooya reblogged this from noof1988
- hellosarasunshine likes this
- sweetsoullover reblogged this from the-human-cyberman
- the-human-cyberman reblogged this from luciferisgr9
- livelaughleo reblogged this from andrewzach
- andrewzach reblogged this from adamdunneoffic
- andrewzach likes this
- adamdunneoffic reblogged this from miss--monster
- adamdunneoffic likes this
- miss--monster reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- freakelitist likes this
- freakelitist reblogged this from itwaslightcreamcheese
- silvertonguefiles likes this
- silvertonguefiles reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- muffypants reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- shipperland reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- shipperland likes this
- reneeblowskisses likes this
- iamadancingzombie reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- lreyny likes this
- shinnomew reblogged this from itwaslightcreamcheese
- mark-it-with-an-x likes this
- itwaslightcreamcheese reblogged this from youokay-mulder
- youokay-mulder reblogged this from colormyworldwithcrayons
- pencilcozy reblogged this from robots-and-dinosaur
- anzlaa likes this
- anzlaa reblogged this from fuveau
- youokay-mulder likes this
- colormyworldwithcrayons reblogged this from diva-gonzo
- manalworld likes this
- rinoo38 likes this
- therougemaiden likes this
- diva-gonzo reblogged this from everyone-knows-that
- basedonatruetory reblogged this from onefootineressea
- joomir likes this
- deadgirlsdreamtoo reblogged this from somewhere-behind-the-blinds
- onefootineressea reblogged this from bessibels