STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters… S.T..R …
My friend sent this to me and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks.
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)
They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.
Some don’t die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this…
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Remember the ‘3’ steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :
S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg ‘It is sunny out today’).
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
NOTE : Another ‘sign’ of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to ‘stick’ out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
And it could be your own.
First reblog post that actually saves a fucking life.
This is a life-saving post.
the more you know
yeah don’t think that this can’t happen to you or someone you know if they’re young. my cousin’s wife is 33 and she had a stroke last year
I’ve had a stroke. It happens to people, and the more you know about this kind of stuff, the better.Because it could be important to know.
My mom is a 911 dispatcher, you wouldn’t believe how many teenagers have strokes. Everyone can have them. it isn’t an old person issue.
really hate all those REBLOG THIS TO SAVE A LIFE BLAH BLAH YOU’RE A TERRIBLE PERSON IF YOU DON’T things but this one isn’t really like that and it’s aaaacttuuaaallly significant and helpful, so yay.
Reblogging because I take this shit seriously.
Because Knowledge is Power! Power to save lives!
- ftooom91 reblogged this from alhanouf-a
- ftooom91 likes this
- areej-m likes this
- miracles-92 reblogged this from n0ufi
- choco5 likes this
- 6hr1990 reblogged this from saasa
- elaafr reblogged this from rabe3a
- rgd14 likes this
- liilcool likes this
- 3neeed reblogged this from saasa
- 3neeed likes this
- saasa reblogged this from onceuponadecemberr
- akhfi-ghlak reblogged this from onceuponadecemberr
- sara897 reblogged this from n0ufi
- rahoofh reblogged this from n0ufi
- rahoofh likes this
- alhanouf-a reblogged this from n0ufi
- hala63eme reblogged this from n0ufi
- so0sah likes this
- onceuponadecemberr reblogged this from n0ufi
- n0ufi reblogged this from rabe3a
- rabe3a reblogged this from noudi
- iloveyourfaces likes this
- lovelycolourpink likes this
- lovelycolourpink reblogged this from become-something-so-beautiful
- become-something-so-beautiful reblogged this from magog83
- dandilove reblogged this from jacqs-space
- noufa12 likes this
- noufa12 reblogged this from cayo3
- cozygreenblankets reblogged this from babysgarage
- not1fandom reblogged this from naturekiller
- balatro reblogged this from treasuredthings
- danathefrog reblogged this from sho0sha14
- sho0sha14 reblogged this from sho0sha14
- treasuredthings reblogged this from neverland-girls
- santaisinthefamilybusiness reblogged this from iwanttopunchababy
- ivebeenslowified reblogged this from pewdiepieminion19
- wonderfullywandering-alone likes this
- tomorrowneverdiess likes this
- skycolorpurple likes this
- tallulah-betula likes this
- annie32109 reblogged this from ratchetlilypotter
- annie32109 likes this
- ratchetlilypotter reblogged this from sassydouggie
- by-my-calculations reblogged this from stutter-muffin
- by-my-calculations likes this
- imharryslover likes this
- theothersideofsometimes reblogged this from drlewiswatson
- xoxokalynna reblogged this from meebi
- blackasstronaut reblogged this from swiggitysw0g